Our sofas and armchairs are all covered by a speciﬁc warranty, We therefore kindly ask you to read it carefully. This Warranty applies only to furniture utilized under normal household use and conditions.
Terms and duration
Any request for assistance under this warranty shall be made through the retailer from whom the purchase was made and shall require a dated proof of purchase. The request of service shall be made promptly following the discovery of any alleged defect, no later than:
• thirty (30) days after the defect could have been discovered through the exercise of reasonable diligence by the Purchaser;
•fourteen (14) days after purchase for visible defects claimed at the time of delivery;
Your Karlsson product is covered, under normal use and starting from the date of purchase:
•for a period of ten (10) years for the internal frame construction;
• for a period of two (2) years for the cushioning, mattresses and sleeper mechanisms, stitching, manual and/or electric mechanisms, the suspension
system (webbing), exposed wood trim and fabric coverings. After the ﬁrst year from date of purchase, this warranty covers only parts and materials for repair and does not cover labour;
• for a period of two (2) years the leather against tearing and splitting. After the ﬁrst year from date of purchase, this warranty covers only parts and materials necessary for repair and does not cover labour. We warrant our furniture coverings are 100% genuine leather when speciﬁed.
This warranty does not cover any incidental or consequential damage, including loss of time, usage or money. In no event shall our responsibility exceed the purchase price of the product or its replacement. If identical materials are not available at time of repair, we reserve the right to substitute materials of equal quality and value.
Exclusions and exceptions
This warranty speciﬁcally excludes claims for:
• wrinkling or natural markings from injuries to the skin, variations in grain, or color variations resulting from the natural features of the leather. These
are proof that only genuine leather has been used;
• cracking or peeling of the leather;
• damage caused by burns, cuts, animal, or other forms of abuse;
• damage due to improper cleaning abuse and negligence;
• commercial, contract, rental trade, institutional or other non-residential use;
• damage resulting from exposure of the leather to direct sunlight, extreme heat, bright lights or similar conditions and, any resulting discoloration;
• damage by corrosive materials, such as acids or solvents, or dyes, inks, paints, human or animal bodily ﬂuids;
• damage resulting from improper use, abuse or acts of God;
• damage incurred during the handling and transportation of the product;
• ﬂoor samples sales or sales made on "as is" basis;
• furniture previously repaired by service centres not endorsed by us.
• interpretation of defects caused by misinformation or negligence in disclosure by the retailer.
This Warranty shall be considered void:
• for claims to leather or fabric coverings due to the application of chemicals, cleaners or conditioners not endorsed by us
• if the original Purchaser transfers this warranty to other parties or moves from the original delivery address;
• this warranty does not cover packaging or transportation costs to and from the manufacturer, retailer or other repair point as determined by us.
What to do in case of request of assistance
When applying for assistance under this warranty, the purchaser should contact the retailer from whom the Karlsson product was purchased and submit the claim, as well as the photographs that document the fault or ﬂaw claimed.
The retailer will forward the claim to us when, upon inspection, it is considered a result of poor manufacturing we will thereafter repair or replace, at our sole option, any part of product determined, if necessary by our representative, to contain manufacturing defects relating to frame construction, leather, mechanisms, mattress, workmanship or cushioning.
We advise the purchaser that softening of cushioning should be expected as a result of normal use and is not to be confused with loss of resiliency due to defects in constructions or materials. The remedies provided under this warranty shall be the exclusive remedies available for claims of alleged defects in material or workmanship.
We make no other warranties, except as provided herein whether express or implied, unless otherwise provided by applicable laws. This warranty gives purchaser speciﬁc rights which may vary from State to State